Sunday, 19 July 2026

The Jays Content

Contrasting with the Mets, at least their season has been more disappointing than dreadful.

I'm not triple-checking it, but this might be my first 2026 card. Like with the Mets content, there's only one card in the post featuring someone(s) still with the team, and here it is.
This weekend, the Jays, as part of their 50th season, had a tribute to the 92/93 World Series winners. So, here's a couple of Gold Winner cards from the former season's release. Joe Carter's contribution is well known, but Myers was traded during the 1992 season for Mark Eichhorn. But I guess he probably still got a ring out of it.
Here's the first bed of cards. I guess with the aforementioned tribute going on, it is only suitable to have even more of his appearances here. Jeff Ware, seen on the bottom row, is one of three players to hit for the cycle in Jays history.
I didn't think when putting this together that a Duane Ward card would become so depressing to post as part of it.
A crazy celebration card from Edwin Encarnacion makes this a little happier post as horizontal cards resume.
Manu-cards are up next. I'm not sure if that Game Faces of Delgado counts as such, but it is probably closer to that than just a card with a second photo embedded. The Chapman helmet card is incredibly heavy, especially for a card from flagship. I could probably use it as an impromptu weapon if need be.
It is always fun to end on my beloved Chronicles. So what if Shun didn't quite work out for the Jays and was gone after making his 2020 season the only one in MLB? This is still a /17 First Off the Line Neon Orange parallel. That's probably enough to make it a downer for whomever broke the box chasing these parallels, but a benefit for someone that wanted a low-numbered Jays card for a bargain price! 

There you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Bittersweet weekend for Jays fans. Rest in peace Mr. Ward.

    ReplyDelete