Monday 28 October 2024

Baseball 2/14s

 Over to my COMC to-be-posted box, and it is time to start working my way through the 2/14 content in, broken up into 3 parts. There's baseball, hockey, and everything else. I'll stay topical to the World Series and begin with the baseball.

I didn't have any Yankees to show off in the box, so it will be Dodgers content to lead. This is probably my most obscure Len Gabrielson entry in the collection. At least until I add his 1964 Venezuelan parallel into the binder. 
This Sepia parallel makes it Dodgers 2 Yankees 0 for this post. Appropriate.
When I'm 70 deep into the cardboard history of John Marzano, you've got to leave his Red Sox career behind and make some deep dives. A minor league card, and a stadium giveaway version. 
Shiny! Shiny!
There's always room for Stadium Club in the collection, especially of the inked variety.
That is a (partial) background worthy of a 1989 Diamond Kings card. Me like!
And it ends with Brooks Lee, who both made his MLB debut, and his first appearance in my 2/14 collection this year. That's despite his having cards since 2022 Bowman Draft. That Lunar Glow parallel from this year's Bowman might be nice, but it doesn't have the greatness of his representation of the Wichita Wind Surge on his Pro Debut card. If only I'd known about its existence last year, it would have made my Top 10.

But there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment