Friday 11 October 2024

Perfect Time for a Mets Post

 

 
And to work my way through the absolute stack of Mets content that was in the TMV mailer,

which included items of all shapes
and sizes, in terms of really large
or just slightly larger than their 2*3 counterparts.

Yup, this is going to be a busy, busy post.
Those Walk-Off Winners would seem even better during this playoff run if the Mets had actually had any WOW along the way over the past week and a half. And as I have said many times before - I miss hologram cards. 
Sportflics! Action Packed! Those always make for a fun trip to the past. 
With all the Piazza in the Miscellaneous post, I had to expect to see some show up when I got to the Mets portion. That Starting Lineup looks like a Studio release. In the lower corner, Conforto is a Cosmic Haze parallel. With the Yermin Mercedes from last post, that's back-to-back ones with one of those parallels.
It wasn't until I got a closer look at the Alonso on the bottom was seeing it was Fantasy Favorites as opposed to Fan Favorites. They seem less numerous in baseball as opposed to football, so they don't annoy me as much here. Yet.

Could I have posted a Grand Salami card of Francisco Lindor at a more perfect time? If I hadn't already scanned everything, it would be worthy of a solo post.
This post really hasn't enough shininess so far, so here's a scanner bed worth of cards with several opportunities to change that. 
Those are some of the most spring training jerseys ever. Tom Glavine is booked to appear at the upcoming Expo a month from now. The promotional photo has him as a Met vs a Brave. Why? I'm not complaining - it just seems puzzling.

The pile finally comes to an end with some more shininess. How I already didn't have that nice shiny Mookie is beyond me.
Finally, a pair of numbered cards (Noah /99, Alay /199), and it is finally hit parade time.
Given he only wore the black Mets jerseys for one season, I'm not so certain that this is a Mets swatch. Even though the time of this being a 2005 card would line up. I still choose to believe this is.
This. This certainly is a Mets swatch.
Even if Brodey never reached the majors with the Mets, this is still a really sweet colour matched auto. So I still like it! Any Mets hit is a good Mets hit.
With his career just underway, this was probably a really hot pull at the time. Now, with his active career ended, it isn't as much so. But this was still the highlight of the Mets portion, especially since this isn't the year UD opted to use E-Zee-Fade ink on them. 

That's a lot of cards. And  I still have the Jays stuff to get to!

But there you have it!

2 comments:

  1. Love the mix of Mets cards.

    Let's Go Mets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all that Mets goodness. For a moment I was sure they had had a walk-off win in this run, but it's hard to do that when you've been on the road the whole time! LGM!

    ReplyDelete