Tuesday 15 October 2024

Chasing, and Capturing

2024 Upper Deck CFL dropped last week. I picked up two boxes, hoping to build the base set. Unfortunately, the base content in the box was remarkably similar and I ended up 25-ish short of the base set.

But that really didn't matter, since I landed what was probably my personal chase card in the product.

A Tre-Ford patch/auto! 

I've waxed nostalgic about Ford in the past, and as to why I was looking forward to a card that actually featured his photograph. Read that as to why I was so excited to see him on the checklist. While there are lower numbered base parallels /10 and /1, albeit without an autograph or relic, this had to be my most wanted card in the product.

It also looks like the patch might be the bottom of the elk horns on the green jersey, so it's also a pretty cool patch as well. 

I'll probably be the only collector to proclaim a CFL card as their pull of the year. 
Bonus: The box also provided me with my first auto of Ticat Stavros Katsantonis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment