Monday 14 October 2024

Bills! Bills! Bills!

As the team crashes down to their expected reality over the past two games, let's see some 2024 Bills courtesy of a Score group break.

Here's the veteran/legend base. Sort of a 1990 Score vibe for the border, although it is killed with the addition of the additional white border to make things crowded. They also did that back in 2019 with the 1989 salute, but I really didn't feel that then. I'm not sure why - maybe I just liked the base photography more.

Here's the rookies, still in their college attire of various licensing and photoshopping. I'm not sure, but I think Frank Gore Sr and Jr are the first father/son combo in the Bills collection. 
Something I found interesting about the design is that photos are re-used for the rookies on the back of the card, but the veterans got new ones. 
There's a sports crossover on the only insert I got, with 1991 Baseball's "The Franchise" design being ported over to football. 
Let's see some autographs. Frank Gore Jr's experience with the Bills has been on the practice squad, but I want to complete the father/son set with a Gore Sr. Bills auto. There aren't too many of those out there, so my dream might have to be fulfilled with a Miami Hurricanes one.
Green autograph parallels were somewhat more SPd than the regular versions, but I'm not too sure as to what level. I don't really care too much other than for curiosity's sake, since this card of their top draft pick is a keeper. His first games have been perfectly fine for a rookie, especially with the way the targets have been spreadd around so far this season.

There you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment