Saturday 19 October 2024

New Faces of the 2/14 Collection

 A grand total of 4 new faces have been added to my 2/14 collection, and it is time to show them off!

My first surfer! More importantly, Caroline Marks might also be the first individual Olympic Gold Medalist in the collection, having picked up a surfing medal this past summer in Paris. All my others with the medal are in team events, such as Milan Hejduk, Angel di Maria and Kara Lawson. Of course, I may research my way to more to acquire, or to already be in there.
My policy of googling people I hadn't heard of beforehand ran into a bump here, as most of my results were of the character from the movie Get Out. But I didn't come across anything negative about any real Rod Williams, so I'll assume all is well with this one.
I had been seeing Juan Graterol's name on the list of Feb 14 birthdays over at baseball-reference for a few years, and just assumed I'd had at least one of his cards. Nope! Then again, this was about as close as things got to a mainstream card of his. Everything else was just a local minor-league issue. So, it is this - or nothing. Thank you, Topps Total, for your completeness.
Finally, a sticker to make this a four-sport post!

There you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment