Tuesday 12 December 2023

Finally, some Chronicles

Despite busting a hobby box at the Expo, I still haven't show anything off from this year's release. Better late than never!

Here's the 'base' cards from a group break. All 4 of them. I guess with no license, getting banned from baseball isn't keeping Robbie Alomar cards out of the product. I'm probably one of a half dozen people that would like pulling a Pat Gillick card in 2023. 

But at least I did get a really nice autograph out of this break. Even though I wish it was from a more appropriate portion of the set. America's Best seems just a bit odd for a card with Toronto so prominently placed on it. 
I can't leave one of my favourite products behind with just a small number cards - so here's some retail too. The hobby box can wait.
First card out is Whitey Herzog! I think I'm going to enjoy this pack.
And the rest is exactly what  I expected to see from this. Legends and prospects, mixed on a variety of designs. Landing two true base cards in this actually puts this single pack ahead of the hobby box where I only found one.

3 Classics cards means 3 "Did You Know?" facts on the back!
Luminance is always such a great looking release in football, so I look forward to its portion of Chronicles. The full-bleed photos give a Stadium Club look, if Stadium Club had to use photos with the logos removed. It is a little less so with the prospects portion, but even on this one, the batting cage covering the entire back of the photo is pretty unique.
There's only a few foil/chrome cards in it, but 2/3 do hit two of my sweet spots with Blue Jays and CanCon players. I have no idea why Suzuki is somehow in a set that looked to be completely barren of current major leaguers. But there he is, squeezed into the Contenders Optic portion of the set. 

And there you have it!





2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool autograph, even if it's odd to see "America's best" and "Toronto" on the same card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed Panini has sneaked a few other current players into their products this year, ones who actually debuted and definitely lost their rookie eligibility in 2022.

    ReplyDelete