I promised myself I'd finish this cube before the season kicked off. And I have!
It is nice to finally start one of these with an OL card.Wow! Just the card that every football fan wants to pull - the card of a team CEO. That Richard Dent would seem to be a part of a Junkyard Dog Defense portion of the 2004 All-Time Fan Favorites set. I guess it technically is, but Dent was the only Bears card in the set. As for Lewis Billups, he's another contender for the biggest dirtbag in the cube. The longest segment of his wiki entry is the "Legal Problems" section. Lots of domestic violence, and culminating when he died in a car crash where he was the driver (going over 100mph) and also killed his passenger.That's the final Curtis Martin card in the cube. While 11 appearances of the same player doesn't seem like too much, when it is 250ish cards from the 1980s through the early 2010s, it does seem a lot for one player, especially when all the cards come from the same team. Not a Patriot or NCAA Panthers card among them. Also - Punter card!
3 straight 1991 Pro Set cards makes for some interesting collation. Because Malachi Dupre would end up with the Bills, and since he didn't get any cards where he'd be pictured with the team, I'm totally calling this card for the Bills binder.And there you have it! Several years after acquiring it, I finally show it off. With the interesting collation (lots of Curtis Martin and 1988 Dolphins) I'm surprised it took so long for me to start working my way through it. I do have a hockey one acquired about a year ago, so that will probably end up here in 2029 at that rate. But as long as I got some interesting cards out of it, and some filler for future outgoing mails, I'm happy with this break.
There you have it!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment