Thursday 8 August 2024

Welcome Dan Poirier, John Seaman & Alejandro de la Rosa!

 3 new names in my 2/14 collection!

 
All 3 of these new faces appear in minor league cards. First up is this patriotic jersey, sported by Alejandro de la Rosa. He joins MMA fighter Montana as the second person in my collection with that last name. I'm always interested in oddness like that in the binders, especially for names that aren't the most common in the USA. Two folks named Smith? Big deal. Two named de la Rosa? Awesome!
Depending on your level of juvenility, John Seaman might have the most giggle-worthy name in my collection. As for me,  I'll go outside of my 2/14 collection when I have the desire to laugh at someone with an unfortunate name, thank you very much. This is also John's only card of his career. Alejandro had 2. And even with the 2/14 collection, he's no Harry Colon.

Among the three, this is the closest that any of them got to a mainstream card, in the sense that you could actually pull this from packs at the time. I'm always surprised when I get new cards, especially pack-pullable ones, from the junk wax era. It's always "How did I miss this?".
And since I don't have any more new 2/14 cards to show off for a bit, here's a couple of players making repeat appearances. Adams jersey looks like he was wearing it when he committed a spree killing, so that's unfortunate.

But there you have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment