Monday 5 February 2024

Good Grief! Another 2/14 Post?

After a pair of one-person posts, it looks like it is time to power through the remainder of content in the to-be-posted box so I get through it before the day rolls around.

My first Topps Now card in the collection! I guess his debut was too late for inclusion in 2023 products, but also guess he'll be all over releases in 2024. With the star power in Anaheim greatly reduced, maybe the Angels will also be a reasonable price in 2024 group breaks, making chasing nicer cards of his feasible.
This Cosmic Chrome entry is probably one of the gaudier 2023 entries. Yes, adding Moreno DBacks cards into the collection are still painful reminders of that Varsho trade. 

And that does include the background on this Finest autograph of Ethan Small. I'm legitimately surprised that he didn't have any autographs available in Chrome, given how rookie-centric the product is. But at least there was shininess.
Finally, 20 years in the past with a group of stickers from 2003. Callix Crabbe was the 2/14 baby on this grouping, and as best I can tell, the only one of the four to reach the majors. I also now realized, even though it should have been obvious at the time, that his Topps rookie card with the Padres has somebody else's picture on it. Maybe I just thought the lighting was really off on the first photo.
Off to a single soccer entry, and a Gao Lin card, from something called "Chncard CFA Team China" that is so obscure, TCDB doesn't even have it listed. Still counts for the collection, though!
I didn't land this card in one of my Metal Universe box breaks, and really wanted to add it to my binders so it would be eligible when I do my countdown in a couple weeks. Flash the Glove might be a cheesy name for an insert set, but at least it includes some glovework in the photo.
A couple new Rip Hamilton cards to continue his domination of the basketball portion of the collection. The Title Waves (groan!) insert is an acetate card out of Elite. 
Instead of Gremlins providing me with the newest Zach Galligan card for the Miscellaneous portion of the collection, this comes out of Gremlins 2. It's my 5th card featuring him.
Much like how Richard Hamilton rules over the basketball portion, Danai Gurira is the big name in terms of volume in the Misc portion of the collection. These Black Panther 'Behind the Scenes' card might be my favourite of the non-auto'ed portion of the collection, since these feature her more as herself as opposed to featuring one of her characters. It is probably because they aren't defined as Okoye cards that took me longer to notice that this insert set existed.

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment