Wednesday 31 January 2024

Not a RANGE of reasons

 

Nope! There was only one reason I added this SSPC card of Jim Tyrone to my collection. I was watching an early 80s episode of The Price is Right on the roku channel, and he was called to Come on Down by Johnny Olsen. He'd win his way up on stage, and play the Range Game, and it was one of the handful of the times it would be played for a car.

You think I'd make that up?

He'd win at the Showcase Showdown, and talk a bit more about his career in the States and Japan while there. But he'd lose the Showcase.

Still, that's as good a reason as any to get one of his cards. 

1 comment:

  1. I have that card! ... That's fantastic. He had the luck, major league career, won a car on a game show. Doesn't look like a major league player's car though.

    ReplyDelete