Friday 21 April 2023

2/14s Through Sportlots

After ordering some set-builders through Sportlots, I just decided to pile on, and keep piling on until I reached the end of the "shipping jumps by a lot" level, or in the case of a seller on this side of the border, I got bored.

It was mainly hockey, as in about 90 percent hockey. But if you think I'm going to miss the chance to lead with a new Harry Colon, you're wrong! And it is a gold parallel, too! I've got 19 of his 27 cards, as per TCDB, which makes me the king of all Harry Colon supercollectors.

I know it isn't pronounced in the juvenile way, but as Red Green says, if you can't stay young, stay immature.
 
Jim Kelly does remain the gridiron king of the 2/14 collection, with over 230 different cards in the collection. I'd be doing things all wrong as a Bills fan if I didn't strengthen that lead.
And half an appearance on a card still counts as a full appearance on a card. Heck, even Sanders Shiver having his name listed on a Colts leaders card from 1980 for sharing the team lead in interceptions counts as a full card.

Switching to hockey. 
Here's a sticker. 
Here's a factory set parallel. 
And here's perfect match Viktor Kozlov!
Contrast that volume to that of Dave Lowry, who easily wins that battle this time with 17 new cards of his for the binders. Maybe it was some sort of accounting error, but I was really surprised that I didn't have that 1990 Bowman until now. Also surprising PC-wise, I had the Black Ice parallel of his 1995 Score card, but not that base card until now. 
Milan Hejduk remains the numbers man in the binders with 258 different cards at TCDB, along with maybe one or two Leaf cards of questionable lineage. I don't have my updated spreadsheet on the laptop. 
But Marian Gaborik remains within striking distance with 251 cards. 
Another 'how did I not have this' card is that 1991 Pro Set. 
Finally, some Brandon Sutter. MVP base might be the modern version of 'how did I not have this?' cards. But they all count in the numbers game.

There you ha e it!



No comments:

Post a Comment