Friday 28 April 2017

Stacks of Wax - April 2017 - Part 9

5 more packs, and then time for my box of Opening Day.

Pack 6:
I'd hinted at this yesterday, but that Jamaal Charles was my favourite card from this portion of the break. The cracked ice look can take away from a photo, but it makes this smoky entrance photo even more dramatic. A sure keeper, and I can see myself at least looking to pick up a parallel or two of it should I find them at a reasonable price.

And at least I pulled this card a Bears QB without trading a bunch of other packs to get it.

Pack 7:
The McManus was another dupe from the group break in which they were bonus cards. The Dez is the base version of the Panini Collection inserts.

Pack 8:
And there's my second hit. The Salute to Service usually feature a swatch from a camouflage towel used in a photo shoot. I'm not sure what this is from, but at least it feels like a towel.

Pack 9:
Probably the worst of the packs, as the Bell, although a nice looking card, was a dupe, and RG3 really isn't a desired pull anymore.

Pack 10:
And a base/parallel pack to end it. The Allen is a thick-stock parallel, which are used as decoys, but these are at least /50.

And there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh... the Bears made the worst of moves yesterday. SMH

    ReplyDelete