Sunday, 27 September 2026

The Mets COMC Content

 Appropriately for this past season, I'm not feeling creative about titles for this Mets post. But it is only a small handful of items.

This 1982 Fleer Stamp seems pretty random for an acquisition, but there is method to my madness. Back in the spring, I got a bunch of these stamps as part of a package from Dennis @ Too Many Verlanders. The Jays content in the mailer was complete, but since the Mets portion lacked Mookie, I waited until I completed the team set to show the rest of them off.
So, he joins these 9 stamps to finish the team set.
The only other Mets card in the shipment was this. A Nick Plummer autograph. Someone who appeared in a handful games 4 years ago, and that was it for his MLB experience. But, that's still far better than my non-existent baseball career. And he did get a couple HRs out of the time, and did have some wise-arse use the Super Mario theme as his walk-up music, so there's that. And the first name in his autograph is legible. Another bonus!
Since I can bear to admit there were only two Mets items in a mailer that had over 200 items, here's one that I'll consider a Mets item. AEW's mega-heel MJF's Mets fandom is enough to not make me hate him.
He even had a Mets-themed entrance video, which also had an eternally-true statement from Taz on commentary. 

So that's how I shoehorn a wrestling card into a Mets post.

There you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment