I'm returning to the 2/14 content of my most recent COMC shipment today, and breaking up the baseball content by showing minor league cards in today's post. I also have a Team USA and a Perfect Game card, but since they're not minor league cards, I'll show them off when I get to the rest of the baseball.
Here's Vicente Garcia. The design on this is all sorts of hideous, but it does act like a reverse of the jersey, so there does seem to be some sort of reasoning behind it.Also, I was convinced this team played in Salem, Oregon. At least there I could believe there was a logic behind naming the team 'Avalanche'. Nope. They played in Salem, Virginia. A state famous for such natural disasters.
Syracuse has a Baseball Hall of Fame, and this card comes from a Syracuse Skychiefs set that salutes its members. This is where I point out that the 2/14er on the card, Red Barrett, does hold the record for throwing the fewest pitches over a complete 9-inning game. That record of 58 is one of those "never be broken" ones.Other than obscure printing variations and buybacks, I've pretty much run out of major league options to add John Marzano cards to the collection. So, here's a pair of minor league ones. He's currently at 74, with a couple more sitting in my COMC inventory. Callix Crabbe's numbers also jump by 2 with this pair. The star-spangled Ogden Raptors card was the first of his baseball career.Ending with these four players making their collection debut. I get to mention Salem, Oregon for the second time in this post, and legitimately this time, as that is the Salem referenced on the baseball card, and with an appropriate team name for the location too.
And there you have it!




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment