Sunday 7 July 2024

Mets Miscellany

It seems the power of Grimace has worn off the past few days for the Mets, but it was fun while it lasted. That might mean I'm a little late in showing these off in terms of on-field success, but any time is a nice time to show off Mets cards. More specifically, the random stuff in my to-be-posted box.

Stadium Club is always a great start, even if it looks like that Rey Ordonez is performing the most awkward bunt in baseball history. Or the most spectacular bunt in baseball history.
Here's a little more flattering entry. Even it isn't game action, it still has a photo worthy of the SC brand, and uses the horizontal layout to let the stadium co-star alongside Wright.
Pennant design flashback!
And again! I have to give the nod to Alonso, since the 2021 redux issue has stats on the card, as opposed to the set info on the 70th year Carter.
And I can segue off that into a more literal appearance of a Polar Bear on this insert card out of Big League. I love the Topps Kids vibe on this, and it sorta fits nicely for Big League. Sadly, I've seen very little of it on the local shelves.
More Big League! 
And more Brett Baty. I've had this one sitting in the TBP box for so long, I can't even remember if I got this card on COMC itself or just had it shipped there after picking it up directly from Topps. Cool moment though!
Not only does this provide an interesting card for the collection, but it also comes in the form of a poster that looks like one for a film that would show up during a Season 4 episode of MST3K. 

There you have it!






1 comment: