Friday 26 July 2024

2/14 Hockey

Opening up the to-be-posted box today, and all the new 2/14 content that will be entering into the hockey binder.
This definitely counts as a "How the sam scratch did I not have this card already?" addition. This is the base card, not even the glossy parallel.  I'm guessing that I saw the card, assumed I already had it, and sent it off to Dennis @ Too Many Verlanders. In case I didn't do that, I got two of these to make sure one of these will count as 'sent it off'.
Also one and done in this post is Brandon Sutter, appearing on the now-missing French variations. Even being pretty common, especially on COMC, I miss them. 
The e-pack exclusive silver parallels really turned up the brightness this season - and I'm all for it.
.
Nikolaj Ehlers ties for the lead this time with 5 cards, and he provides 5 new cards. 4 of them, including that really fun Canvas entry, fall into the 'cheap because of e-packs' category. The red parallel in the corner is the only card in this post, other than the opening Nystrom, that wasn't of COMC origin. I think they were from packs in one of the retail boxes in 15-16. Whatever the source, it is a new card from his rookie year.
Colby Barlow's very patriotic entries lift him into a tie with Ehlers. I'll let other people's unsuccessful chases of Bedard in this set help to expand my collection of his. Also, since the green parallels were e-pack exclusives, I can consider that one to be a contender for the 2025 list countdown, since those became first acquirable during the valid timeframe, even if the rest of the set itself wasn't.

My collection. My rules.

There you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment