Tuesday 15 June 2021

2021 Adventures in Repacks Part 23.2: Baseball Time

 

Looks like both the front and back of this repack portion had a Bowman car as the visible one.


The appearance of two consecutive 1989 Fleers continues here with a pair of Mets. And while they're dupes for that team PC, I won't be complaining about an extra Mookie here and there. Tradition might not be Heritage, but it is close enough for this post.

Does a minor league Jays card count towards the Jays team PC? Of course it does. Again, I must point out this is not the serial killer Paul Runge, nor the umpire. If I don't get an actual major league level Jay in this group, the father of one will also work.

A pair of Wilsons in this 25 car portion, with both (step)father and son appearing. There's Expos content as well, and a grouping of 3 "I did not expect that set in a repack" ends with a nice design from SP Authentic. More 1989-two-in-a-rows, the Ray Kroc patch, and a turning-two-Bip makes the junk wax era ending interesting.

There you have it! Next up, I'll see what's lurking behind that Mondesi.

3 comments:

  1. That Kruk rookie card with the Ray Kroc patch is a great looking card. I've seen it numerous times... but never took the time to appreciate it until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Moreland is my favorite amongst these. That photo is a good shot. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete