Tuesday 14 May 2019

Expo Recap: Post 9 - Baseball

Just a couple post left to wrap up this trip, with one more box and some random hockey to go.
Cards shows in Canada mean O-Pee-Chee! Here's a nice summary of OPC: The now with designation on the card, with a nice cap combination, and miscuts. And you get some French on the front. Perfect!
You want more OPC Hall of Famers? Here you are!
Some Mets? Sure thing!
And enjoy learning French the way I did - from the backs of cards.
These were the 4 cards I needed to wrap up the non-SP portion of Heritage. After spring-cleaning at COMC, I also put the final nails in the coffin of the SP portion as well. Now just to await High Numbers and the next set build.
More 2019 with a Diamond Kings card.
And a 150th Anniversary card that commemorates Piazza's post 9/11 home run.
I did grab a few baseball hits for the ol' collection. It isn't like there are a lot of options out there for people who wants autographs of Damion Easley as a member of the Mets, so I guess this will have to do.
While this does cover a free agent signing that took Catalanotto away from Toronto, of course this does count as a Blue Jays card.
Here's an obscure addition to my Canadian hits collection, coming out of In the Game Canadiana. This was a set that covered multiple categories, from sports to entertainment to politics. If you ever wanted the chance to pull cards of Trish Stratus, Bat Masterson and Oscar Peterson from the same box, here was your chance!
Speaking of that, this seems like the best place to post a non-baseball autograph from that same set. I've had a pathetic loser crush on Chantal Kreviazuk for ages, so I might as well add my second autograph of hers from this set.

There you have it!

2 comments:

  1. cool to see a Catalanotto card! I had a large PC at one time. He was always good for a hit when with the Rangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that "In Action" card. What year is that from?

    ReplyDelete