Friday 26 December 2014

More small envelopes

And now a couple PWEs with more than one card to it.
I have been sending any sort of Gabriel/Gabe related cards on the way to the Clubhouse over this year. In return, this package showed up my way just before the holiday, adding a pair of Buffalo Bills hits to my collection. They're always welcome as a yet another playoff-free season draws to a close in Orchard Park. But at least they waited until December to stick the knife in.
Off to a PWE trade with Baseball Card Breakdown. Gavin posted some $1 trade bait, and I was all over this one for my Canadian content collection. This Ryan Braun was the only one so far to be born in my hometown and have it on the back of the card. This makes me one of a handful of people who power collect this Ryan Braun over that Ryan Braun.
And here's one more for my 2/14 PC, adding my first autograph of the late Brad Halsey into my collection. To the best of my knowledge, he's one of two members of the 2/14 binder to pass away this year, along with Nelson "Viscera/Mabel/Big Daddy V" Frazier.
But, wait! There was more! Such as these 1/1s for my Carter collection. A shiny parallel and a 3* parallel. I didn't even know those existed, but they'll still go into my Joe Carter binder.
And any sort of Fan Favorites card is always welcome, even if it isn't a super sparkly and shiny one-of-one.

So, that wraps up two more envelopes, and all but one of the packages that showed up the past few days. That still doesn't cover a huge mailing from TMM, and a bunch of COMC Challenge cards that were spread out with about 200 cards over 3 packages.

And my Christmas gift to myself of a box of 2014 Classics.

1 comment: