Tuesday 16 December 2014

Another set building Update attempt

I bought one of the Mega Boxes in a failed mission to damage my set building want list. Failed as in a grand total of one card dropped off. But that was somewhat mitigated by a Giancarlo Stanton relic and a gold parallel of Andrew Heaney. If only I were a Marlins super collector. So, it is this hanger box of Update that will be my last chance to pull a base card for the set.

Since I'm thinking this week will be busy when it comes to mail, I'm posting this one early in the morning.

Matt Thornton - First card out is a need! WOO-HOO! Even if it is a Yankee! Actually, this might be the one of the only things that could get me to lead with a Yankees card.
Jesus Guzman - As is the second card! I'm already ahead of things two card in. I promise. No more individual needs. Just interesting cards.
Lyle Overbay
David Freese
Jonathan Herrera
Jeff Francis
Joba Chamberlain
Pedro Ciriaco
Bobby Abreu - I actually had the SP variation of this, but not the base.
Josh Harrison
Chris Coghlan
Chris Taylor
Austin Jackson
AJ Pierzynski
Chris Dickerson
Tony Watson
Hector Rondon
Jake McGee
Ramon Santiago
Huston Street
Jose Bautista - Blue Jays content as well!
Eugenio Suarez
Michael Choice
Juan Perez
Matt Davidson
Oscar Taveras
Brandon Moss
Greg Holland
Paul Goldschmidt
Freddie Freeman
Mark Reynolds - I admit that I don't have too many "throwing from his knees" photos.
Andrew Brown - But my pick for the best photo prior to the insert portion was this Mets card. Mets fandom bias.
Clint Barmes
Juan Francisco
Jose Molina
Tyler Pastornicky
Tommy Hunter
Garrett Jones
Josh Satin
Wil Nieves
Zelous Wheeler
Kelly Johnson
Chris Capuano
Jair Jurrjens
Mike Adams
Kevin Frandsen 1130/2104 Gold - Looks like 1130 is not a need for serial #'d insanity. Too bad.
Justin Upton Power Players
Gerald Laird Red Foil - Cards with only the player on it always look the best with these foil/sparkle/red hot parallels.
Jose Abreu Future Is Now
Roy Halladay Fond Farewells - I guess I had to use Stadium Club to get his Toronto farewell card. Which, since he did sign a one-day contract with them, would have been more accurate.
David Freese World Series Heroes
Yordano Ventura Future is Now Relics 54/99 - A numbered relic is unexpected. Especially in retail. But that does mean I've pulled hits from my past two forays into Update. So, Yay? Even if the photo is questionable.
Chris Coghlan Red Target
Chris Taylor Red Target
Austin Jackson Red Target
Chris Withrow
John Lackey
Marcus Stroman - Blue Jays content!
Oscar Taveras - After getting the Chrome version of this in the Mega Box, it is nice to add the regular one to the set build. It isn't too often that I'll say this, but I think I like the Chrome better with the white uniform's contrast on the shiny background.
Matt Shoemaker
Luis Sardinas
Rubby De La Rosa - And my last normal card before thumbing my way through a run of All-Star cards.
Robinson Cano
Jose Altuve
Max Scherzer
Jonathan Lucroy
Josh Harrison
Francisco Rodriguez
Koji Uehara
Salvador Perez - And this was the only need card I pulled from the Mega Box.  Making the box a perfect skunking in retrosepct.

Started with an 80 card wantlist. Finished with a 55 card wantlist. That's a decent turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment