Friday 16 November 2012

Expo Goodies - Part 7

As I was heading out of the show, I had noticed that I had only picked up single cards at the show. I had to fix that by getting something I can open on the train ride home. However, I was still not 100 percent happy with picking up recent hockey product. Yes, I'm still too bummed out by the lockout to really care. So, what to do? I looked at some older baseball. But, I then returned to my love for repacks. Not quite a dollar, but actually 8 loonies for this one. It contained 30ish cards. These were the two visible on the front and back of the team bag.


A Hull rookie and a Gretzky. Yeah, that's worth about 8 bucks of my money. I'd probably pay that just to add a Hull that's in good shape to my collection. Anything else is bonus. So what were the bonus cards in the middle. Mainly late 70s and early to mid 80s commons, but I can still enjoy those. Although not overly valuable, they were still interesting enough to me, and that's what is important.

An Eric Lindros card from his junior days. Actually, it was the no number version. I don't care if it is more or less valuable that the regular issue - it is more interesting. There were some recent ones.

Steven Stamkos. Michael Frolik. Sidney Crosby. One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Of course, when you have 80s cards you do have rather questionable airbrushing of players who have switched teams.
The Snepsts one is particularly bad. Barr's isn't much better. They look like a bootleg jersey that you'd by for $5 in front of Joe Louis arena. I'd rather have the one that has Steve Yzerman kicking Gaddafi in the butt. 80s cards also mean big, bushy mullets.

Mighty impressive. Almost Jagresque. It just needs a smidgen more party in the back. I also found some very purple jerseys.
Jerseys of defunct teams that went to Jersey.
How about a 70's card of the PIM King? Complete with an appropriate cartoon back.
What else? It wasn't in the most pristine of shape, but I can't really complain about getting my first ever (non ITG) card of a WHA player?
How about a Bobby Smith card from a more sophisticated period of his life, when he just want to be plain old Bob?
At least there wasn't a transposition error in his name.
Yup. That repack was definitely a lot of fun.

Hey! I'm about a quarter of the way through the box! Maybe I'll get this recap done by 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was quite a deal! I agree with you, worth it for the Hull RC alone. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete