Sunday 11 November 2012

Expo Goodies - Part 2

I'll keep on plowing through these. COMC was giving out free boxes at the expo, and it proved very helpful by the end of the day. In fact, every card I got was able to fit perfectly in the box. I'll probably post most of the cards, excepting for some of the Jays team sets I picked up.

Firstly, one that cost me 3 thin dimes. I probably could have found it cheaper on sportlots, but I wanted this because it fit into one of my 'sets'. I have a small case filled with players that I share a birthday with. In this case, Valentine's Day. I hadn't added any Larry Milbourne to my collection yet, so this pick-up rectified that little problem. Do I care that it isn't exactly in ideal shape? Not one iota.

Now, this one came out of nowhere to surprise me. I picked a Jays 1991 Topps Traded set, looking to get the first Topps cards of Carter, White and Alomar in a Jays uniform. Turns out this was my favourite of the lot. A great picture of the open roof at Skydome, with the CN Tower at the side. Candiotti's position frames everything beautifully to show the stadium and its surroundings. A view that would captured even better next year with the Vernon Wells Jr sketch of Dave Stieb for the Jays Upper Deck checklist.

Up until Friday, I didn't have any Darryl Talley "Spiderman" cards. That changed.

Finally, a reason why the mandatory helmet rule in the NHL is a good thing. Glare.

1 comment:

  1. Talley is one of my favorites of all time. He also happens to be very entertaining on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete