Saturday, 10 October 2026

The Rest of the Baseball

 And the 2/14 baseball portion of my latest COMC mailer wraps up. There's still football and miscellaneous posts left to go.

First up this wonderful slice of brightness out of Leaf Perfect Game. To be even more precise, this as 2022 Leaf Perfect Game National Showcase - Just Minors Gems Autographs - Lime Green /10. I didn't know if should have used this with my post highlighting minor league cards, or with the major league post. It's really neither. Nathanael Coupet has a first name that just dares you to misspell it. Fortunately, he abbreviates his name in the auto and everything is legible, so it is a good card.

He's now with Georgia Tech.
Here's the other one that really didn't fit into the major or minor league category. It is of another player who has gone the NCAA route, playing for Oklahoma State. While the autograph doesn't compare to Coupet's in terms of legibility, at least there's a holey swatch included. 
That's gotta be Kane! He's not coming through hellfire and brimstone, but through the Cubs system, making it to AA in 2026. 
If I wanted a solo card to salute Tyler Clippard's time with Cleveland, there's this Topps Total entry. And nothing else. Any port. Storm. And all that. 
Time to get back to some brightness, and this Chrome Light Blue Sparkle entry sure brings that back to this post.
It is Yermin Mercedes taking the title in terns of volume when it comes to COMC entries. He gives the joy of being a one month wonder and the amount of cards a manufacturer pumps into circulation as a result, with no consideration for future success. I guess the same can be said for the Christian Hackenberg portion of this collection. 
But there's sportlots content too! I finally used this as a chance to add a bunch of base cards I probably should have added into the collection ages ago.
But I did throw in some cards from less mainstream releases as part of this shipment too.
Shiny cards, too! With 45 cards of Clippard, I'm somehow his top collector at TCDB.
Two Topps Total cards in the same post! YES! I also have a card of Mike Gosling in my Blue Jays collection. His final mainstream card has him listed with the team, although he never played a game for them. But here, it is the late Brad Halsey that makes this a 2/14 card. And also a 2 Brad post.
My collection still lacks a Mavis, though.

There you have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment