Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Mailbag: Everything but the Raptors

 I'm opening the mailbag today, and it is a Cards on Cards mailer that has been collecting dust the longest out of what I have in there. Most of the content was Raptors stuff, but I want to save that for their regular season opener. There was still other stuff to show off, and this post accounts for everything else.

There was still non-Raptors basketball content in these new Jamal Murray additions to the collection. I must point out that I have 163 cards of his in the collection, yet only a single one of the other local product in the NBA - Will Riley.
There really is no logical way to shift away from the Jamal Murray content into anything else in the envelopes, so here's a couple Bills entries. 
The gridiron does offer a logical move to the 2/14 content in the mailer, with 4 new base cards of Jaxon Smith-Njigba. After last season's success, even his basest of base cards are going to be commanding a decent value in the bins.
This Hobby Rip Night of Brooks Lee is a lot more obscure of a card than those base JSNs, and it segues into the baseball portion of the mailer.
The Mets content provided the only hit content of this with that Baez autograph. He's now in the Cardinals system. In fact, none of the players on the Panini cards are still affiliated with the team. Although both Acuna's and Sproat's teams are still playing into October. Still Mets binder worthy, though!
I usually like to end with the hits, but the best card in this wasn't the hit. It was even that numbered "Platinum Toile Cream Rose Gold Refractor" /75 of Matt Chapman. It is that bunting card right in the middle there. The O-Dog! Laying down a bunt! Hell yeah!

And there you have it! Thanks for all these goodies, Kerry, and keep your eyes peeled for a PWE on their way as of this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment