Monday, 27 July 2026

2/14s in the Mail - Part 2

 And now, the sportlots stuff.

And if you have the opportunity to start with a standalone Stadium Club card that increases one player collection by a single card, you do it.
I was kinda surprised there was no David Garrard content in the trade envelope. Still, he gets 3 cards here. Even it unfortunately used bland, posed shots for the rookie card, I do appreciate 2011 Threads and its horizontal design for the non-hit portion of the set.
While Jim Kelly remains the leader, both in the football and overall portion of the collection, Steve McNair is in second place for both as well. He's about 25 cards behind Kelly, but leads Milan Hejduk by about 20 for  that position. As for these, I like coming across SP Authentic stuff that doesn't just use the white background with silver text, but actually uses the actual photographic background. That Gold Label might be my first "guy on phone" image in the 2/14 collection. If I ever have too much time on my hands, I'll verify that.
Hockey makes a little more of an appearance in this post, leading with this Lane Hutson base card out of 2025-26 Series 2. This one will probably end up as his entry in my 2027 2/14 recap, although it will feature a major challenge out of this same release with John Farinacci looking to go back-to-back.
Extended finally allowed for Nikolaj Ehlers to start appearing in a Carolina Hurricanes uniform. But that doesn't mean there still isn't plenty of inexpensive Jets cards of his out there to acquire.
3 cards I was surprised I didn't already have in the collection. But they're in it now.

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment