Saturday, 25 July 2026

2/14s in the Mail - Part 1

 Today, the new cards for the 2/14 collection from the TMV mailer. Up next, the Sportlots stuff.

Both basketball and hockey were one-and-done in the mailer, but I'm leading with the Richard Hamilton because it is numbered and shiny. In this case, it is a Seismic Red Prizm /225.
Sorry, Viktor, but you really can't compete with that.
Baseball provides the obligatory "How did I not have this card in my collection" entry with this card out of the 1988 Baseball's best set. And yes, Donruss' decision to use blue vs. orange was definitely a smart one.
Shininess! With his total now standing at 71, I'm now the top Yermin hunter at tcdb. I guess there is a plus to seemingly endless parallels. Overall, he's tied with John Marzano for the lead, at least until my next COMC order arrives.
Football was the most significant portion of the 2/14 content in the mailer. A perfect way to start this is the current reigning Offensive Player of the Year. I'm glad I got into his content early, allowing me to add some nice cards, especially with his rookie autos, looking at COMC, are now $500+.
And speaking of COMC, I also have one of these parallels on its way as part of that order. Oops! Anybody else super-collect 2nd round picks that never played a snap in the NFL?
Jadeveon Clowney was probably the most recent football rookie chase guy for me prior to JS-N.
I guess I'm going through this by showcasing in order of sport, then volume. So, here's football's first multiple card count, with a pair of numbered Alshons. Both are /399 as well.
The hit parade starts here! The football relic card is from the period where the Oilers were being renamed to the Titans, so that's why that logo remains on the card.
The Sunday Swag card prominently features 403 yards on the front of the card, so you'd think it would have something on the reverse that would reference that. Nope. Just a generic write-up about Jim Kelly. The game in question was the no-punt game at Candlestick. Steve Young even passed for more yards in that game, throwing for 449. I guess the Bills winning makes Kelly more worthy of the card saluting that day.
Drew Bledsoe tied with Jim Kelly for the overall lead, but I'll give him a nod based on there being a couple of relics in this group. And if licensing is something that you care about, this does win that battle 5-1. Both the relics do claim to be game used, although only the Honors one included a photo of the supposed jersey with the card. With that, that moves it past the presence of a Bills logo to make it the most interesting of the Bledsoes.

And there you have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment