Wednesday 18 October 2023

2023 Adventures in Repacks - Part 29: Rin Tin Tin

 

I picked this up over the summer. I might as well cover it now before the season ends.

These were the packs, The two Prizm packs were combined in a single hanger, so I guess that was the mystery one. Other than that, the Chrome Platinum Anniversary was also new to me. Probably the Ginter too.  The others I've busted before in Walmart repacks.
I'm scanning everything. Why not? I've busted so little flagship of 2022, anything feels special from it in a photographic sense, such as on the Ibanez and Muncy. Matt Brash can move nicely into the CanCon collection too.
JP Crawford hits one of my photo sweet spots, that being the player not touching the ground. Pretty bland outside of that, and Stars of MLB might remain the dullest name for an insert set, even if it does make it a Yordan Alvarez hot pack.

I won't pretend to be any sort of export on NPB, but I'll acknowledge that getting a NPB card of Masahiro Tanaka is really cool. The Orix Buffaloes card is a Game Programs insert, falling 1:12 packs in these. 
Mets content! And shininess too! Although at 700 cards, this would have been one tall challenge for a set builder to try to assemble. There had to be packs with greater than 4 cards in them, right? 

After watching a few breaks on youtube...apparently not. Egads...
A Blue Jays mini (Ginter back) and a Ginterish non-baseball insert. That's what I want from this.
Marte hot pack! That Cabrera looks really nice, especially as a shiny parallel, but it is already set aside for an Ann Arbor bound mailer.
Here's the rest of the Prizm. Dylan Carlson provides a perfectly Panini photo.That McCovey is the highlight for me among the base, and the only silver Prizm here is a Mets card, and the elevates the pack nicely. But pretty much exactly what I expected from this.

Any new packs for me make a nice experience, even if I likely overpaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment