Friday 1 August 2014

2014 Adventures in Repacks: Part 43: More than an auto

I decided to try one of these repacks today.
4 packs and an auto. I busted one of these when I did a group break and got a Brian Giles. Maybe I'll do better this time.

The 4 packs were 2007 Ultra, along with 2012 Ginter, Opening Day and S1. Not a lot of variety with years, but I can still enjoy this.
Starting with the oldest, here's the Ultra. Nothing too spectacular in this one, but I really like the choice of a wind-up photo on the Willis.
The 12 card count in the Series 1 pack was kinda scanner unfriendly, so I'll just post the inserts. A shiny card, and a card featuring a Blue Jay. Not bad at all. Considering that aside from this, the Jays/Mets content was zero.
I think on a chronological basis, Opening Day would be next. If you're not happy pulling a card with the Phillie Phanatic on it, you have no joy in your heart. There was also a Derek Holland in the S1 pack, so I got quite a photo dupe.
Here's the Ginter stuff. I've pulled way too many Kalines and Carpenters. Haggis?  "Get your Haggis right here! Chopped heart and lungs boiled in a wee sheep's stomach! Tastes as good as it sounds!" Again. There is a Simpsonism for every occasions.

And my auto?
While I was expecting a sticker autograph, I really wasn't expecting it to come with a patch (note the stitching at the bottom) as well as it being numbered to 50. This card is also thick. Thicker than all 7 of the Opening Day put together. Probably better than I expected.

I'm still more excited about the Phanatic base card and the Haggis mini.

1 comment: