Monday 22 August 2016

2016 Adventures in Repacks: Part 33

Just a couple of Surprise Bags from the Dollarama to start the work week.

Repack #1:
And here's the promised content from the first one.
And as expected, the HOFer card is junk wax era. But I also get a card of Kelly Kisio looking like a 50-year old industrial arts teacher.
From this grouping, one might think there were no Calgary Flames cards outside of ones from 2013 Score and ones featuring Miikka Kiprusoff.
Half the cards in the 6 card mix were CHL, but when one of the NHL one features an appearance of Stanley, all is well. And at least Grant Marshall saw some NHL action.
And the Victory pack. The 2-14 card with the Gaborik was a dupe. As for the rookie card, Motin played 1 more game in the NHL than me. I seriously didn't think that Buffalo were still wearing their slug jerseys in order for them to appear on 2010 cards. So I also learned something from this pack.

Best card in this one for my collection: Jim Paek

Repack #2:
And away we go.
The typically great action shot on Miller saves this 1000-pt pack from being a strike-out.
And no set-build base card needs from this Victory pack.
No 70's cards this time in the 70s/80s, but a 1981 card is still pretty nice. And it is of someone who I've heard of. Bonus!
And the 2010s pack. While it is a nice mask binder card, I think this might be around the 8th or 9th time I've found one of these in a repack. I still do like the sea of white on the Staal, though.

Best card in this one for my collection: Peter McNab (but not better than the Paek).

1 comment:

  1. That Paek card is epic, one of my junk wax era favorites!

    ReplyDelete