Sunday 23 November 2014

1000th Post Repack!

Like my 1000th post would be anything but a repack. I was leaning towards an appropriate Sunday football repack, but I think I will save those for my Grey Cup autoposting. So, here is yet another 100 card Fairfield repack from Target. And, since this is my 100th post, I'm posting all the card within.
Here is the first of the 4 visible cards, coming from the Cards Your Mom Threw Out subset. Although this would have been a card my grandmother would have thrown out, and even then, only if my mom was really into Harmon Killebrew.
Not too bad for the first nine, as I pick up a pair of Expos, and a card for my Cancon collection. And any appearance of 1993 Upper Deck is a nice surprise.
The Score of Mike Marshall is kinda interesting. His position is listed as DH, but they opted for a photo with him in the field. More 1993 Upper Deck! And that Jose Cardenal has been lurking on my wantlist for a bit. There's nothing better than knocking something off the list via a repack! Joe Oliver is numbered #220. At my current pace, I should reach it over at my 94 Choice blog sometime in 2016.
More rookie cards should feature the player riding a video game motorcycle. Or at least one more, so Trey Beamon isn't the only one.
This is a pretty bland grouping, but the Terry Crowley stands out for one reason. The Earl Weaver tape.

" We saw that Terry Crowley could sit on his f****g ass for eight innings and enjoy watching the baseball game just like any other fan, and has the ability to get up there and break one open in the f****g ninth."
But this group of 9 is more interesting. A former Expo leads the way with Ellis Valentine. Gypsy Queen is a rarity within repacks, and the faux retro of someone who is still active, and will likely never retire with LaTroy Hawkins. I've got a few of them, butthat Bill Hall is also a neat photo.
And the rest of this side before the other visible card. Archives and A&G. More repack rarities, at least for me.
Very little interest in this visbile card.
But I am definitely interested in grabbing a repack with a visible Diamond King. Even if it is a Yankees card.
It is always nice to pull a card from the 70s in one of these. Takes the sting off the dupes that came next. This is the second 100 card repack that I've pulled one of these Flair cards in. They're nice, and it is nicer that this one is of Terry Pendleton. Mainly because the last one I pulled had Chad Curtis as the Flair card. My exact thought upon this pull was "at least it wasn't Chad Curtis".
So, of course, the next card was Chad Curtis. I doubt the Team USA cards really count as oddballs, but, since I really don't have many of them, I'll consider them to be so. And hey, there's a Blue Jays card! My second of this repack.
Carlos Hernandez didn't have the longest MLB career, but with this card, and his '93 UD, Donruss and Leaf and this, he does have a great cardboard catalog.
Random minor league card! And I love that Amos Otis plays the position of Series Starter. I'm not sure why he and not the other starters got that designation.
 And I move to the end of this repack by running into the expected wall of 2011 Topps. But at least one featured Padres throwback brown.
More 2011 Topps, but at least it wrapped up with an interesting Conlon card. Not only does it list Red Faber as a spitballer, the photo makes it look like he's preparing one of them right at the time.
And the final card. I'm sure I've already got this Vlad, but it is a nice way to end it.

So, there's 1000 posts wrapped up with an appropriate repack.

And now, I have to grab a Brandon Banks auto via COMC.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching 1000! Doesn't say much for the pack but my favorite is the Conlon Red Faber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 1,000! I have to find that Troy Beamon card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts! Love that Red Farber card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 1000! I wonder if Trey Beamon got the high score on that motorcycle game he was playing.

    ReplyDelete