Monday 3 September 2012

Collect-a-books!

This posting will cover a card that did not originate in any sort of dollar store, to the best of my knowledge. This is something that I pulled out of a geocache out in Nose Hill Park in Calgary, Alberta. While searching for caches on the morning of the 2009 Grey Cup "Illegal substitution, too many men on the field, Saskatchewan. It's a ten yard penalty, we'll repeat first down". Anyhow, in 4 different containers, I came across some 1991 Collect-A-Books, which I had never heard of prior to this. Needless to say, I swapped cards into the cache and picked up all 4 of them. They were Lenny Dykstra, Ben McDonald, Doug Drabek and Thurman Munson. All of which will probably end up scanned and shown here at some point. I think this was the first of the 4 I found that beautiful fall morning in Calgary.





When I put them beside a standard card, they are just a smidgen smaller (maybe a millimeter or 3) and the same width.

No comments:

Post a Comment